Being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) doesn’t have to mean your life is over. Everyone’s MS is different and no one can predict exactly what yours will be like.
The fact is, lots of people live their lives with MS without making a full-time job of it.
MS for Dummies gives you easy to access, easy to understand information about what happens with MS—what kinds of symptoms it can cause, how it can affect your life at home and at work, what you can do to feel and function up to snuff, and how you can protect yourself and your family against the long-term unpredictability of the disease. You'll learn:• Why some people get MS and others don’t
• How to make treatment and lifestyle choices that work for you
• What qualities to look for in a neurologist and in the rest of your healthcare team
• How to manage fatigue, walking problems, and visual changes
• Why the road to diagnosis can be full of twists and turns
• How to understand the pros and cons of alternative medicine
• Why and how to talk to your kids about MS
• How to find stress management strategies that work for you
• Your rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Complete with listings of valuable resources such as other books, Web sites, and community agencies and organizations that you can tap for information or assistance, MS for Dummies will tell you everything you need to know in order to make educated choices and comfortable decisions about life with MS.