Whether you want to go to New Orleans for its history or the revelry…the incredible, unique cuisine or the music and club scene…the risqué aura of Bourbon Street or the ritzy lushness of the Garden District, this is your fun and easy guide to exploring and enjoying "The Big Easy". New Orleans is indeed open for business; more than 1000 restaurants and more than half of the areas hotels are welcoming visitors. Written by Julia Kamysz Lane, a resident and fan of the Crescent City, New Orleans For Dummies, 4th Edition helps you make your most of your time, with:
• A full chapter on Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath, plus sections called “Assessing Katrina’s Effect” at the beginning of relevant chapters and the post-hurricane status for every listing
• Dining info on where to try a variety of local flavors, such as Cajun and Creole cuisine at Emeril’s, Antoine’s, or Arnauds, a romantic dinner at Court of Two Sisters, a greasy, roast-beef po’ boy from Elizabeth’s, a plateful of shucked oysters from Acme Oyster House, or beignets —tasty fried doughnuts — to start your day at Café du Monde
• Advice on shopping for everything from exquisite antiques and fine art to pralines and T-shirts
• A rundown of the city’s varied and exciting cultural scene, including the best bars and clubs in the French Quarter and beyond
• Info on cultural and historic attractions, including the Canal Streetcar, the New Orleans Museum of Art, the mansions on St. Charles Avenue, the courtyards in the French Quarter, the antebellum plantation houses in the Garden District, and more
• An overview of the vibrant, eclectic music scene, including where to catch live jazz, R & B, Cajun or zydeco vibes, or modern-day brass bands getting funky
• Four suggested itineraries, plus three day trips
Like every For Dummies travel guide, New Orleans For Dummies, 4th Edition includes:
• Down-to-earth trip-planning advice
• What you shouldn’t miss — and what you can skip
• The best hotels and restaurants for every budget
• Handy Post-it Flags to mark your favorite pages
The jazz is jammin’, the jasmine is blooming, and the jambalaya is simmering, so get this book and get packing. The infinite variety and captivating mystique of New Orleans await you.
Комментарии к книге "New Orleans For Dummies® [4th Edition]"